PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an Airbus with 140hrs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2022, 03:36
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vokes, you nailed the problem yourself: « Company policy ». The same ones who blatantly ignore the manufacturer recommendations.. And if you think you or anyone else regardless they are MPL, or fighter pilots or 20 000 hours airline pilots that they can fly accurately raw data in challenging SID/STAR by practicing only in the sim; you will be surprised..By the way flying in the sim raw data is easier than the real aircraft. At least on A320 it’s definitely the case.
And as a passenger, I would not mind at all if on a nice day the pilots in front are flying raw data. On the contrary, I will feel more safe and I least know they care about their skills and they are actually enjoying the ride. Cause as a pilot, let’s be honest here, it’s much more fun than just following FD bars. And fun does not make you unprofessional. I really love flying; I would never take the risks to lose that amazing opportunity I have today to fly these planes by doing reckless flying. I actually feel sorry for the pilots who are upset to go to work. I’m excited to go flying every time. Yes some parts of the job are annoying but once those doors are closed, the excitement is there all the time. It’s actually hard for me to call it “work” or “job”.
I don’t want to be a passenger at the back stressing out if the guys are going to rotate before the end of the runway or crashing the plane into the ground cause the FD bars disappeared or the auto thrust failed. Oh and nothing makes me more cringe than pilots who engage AP just after airborne or disconnect the AP at minima in good weather.

By reading you, you seem to be a smart guy, I wish one day you can have a chance to work in an outfit where the policies are written by aviators. Maybe you will see things differently.
That would be my last post on this one. Enough off topic from my side. Happy flying everyone.