PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an Airbus with 140hrs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2022, 18:42
Chiefttp

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vokess55,

You wrote;
The majority of us just want to have a good day out, keep a roof over our heads and food on the table and get our kicks elsewhere.”

I now see where your coming from…some people view Flying as a job, nothing more, Fly the Jet, get paid, go home….get your kicks elsewhere.
Others view the job as a passion, for some it’s a lifelong love of aviation, aircraft and everything associated with flying. I love hearing stories from military guys who’ve seen amazing things flying amazing aircraft..I also love hearing stories from pilots who took the general aviation path to the airlines like my Son, who is currently flying 777’s. Many of my friends own their own private aircraft, and some have built their own aircraft. Great pilots with interesting backgrounds and great stories.
To me and many others this profession is not, engage the autopilot, get vectors to a coupled ILS and don’t get in trouble or visit the Chief pilot, it’s something much more. it’s the difference between a Pilot, and an Aviator……to each his own, enjoy the links..

Last edited by Chiefttp; 23rd Jan 2022 at 00:42.