PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for an individual
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2022, 16:01
jam9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying for an individual

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but trying to find the relevant legislation returned very little useful information - and getting through to someone at the UK CAA with useful info is like drawing blood from a stone.

Can someone confirm the rules on flying for an individual.

Case in point; acquaintance of mine (who has no flying credentials) has recently purchased a new MEP (he is the owner/operator), one which I have had differences training and am current on. I have a UK CPL with ME/IR. He has asked if I can on occasion fly him in the plane to where he wants to go for leisure or for him to manage his business etc.

1. Can I fly him?
2. Can I fly him, and he covers all the costs for the flight (ie. no cost sharing required)?
3. If requested, can I fly the aircraft with him and other pax on board and he again, covers all costs?
4. If requested, can I fly the aircraft without him on board, but his immediate family or friends, and if so, can he cover all the costs (or does this fall under PT/CAT?)

Apologies if this seems a little naive, but would like clarification before jumping into something I shouldn't be doing.

Thanks