PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe Hawk Mk. 1 W inquiry
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2022, 10:42
longer ron

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
My last flights in a Hawk (whilst still in uniform ) were Abingdon - Brawdy - Abingdon in Feb '83...
XX281 post servicing/mod programme and delivery to Brawdy,pick up XX261 and deliver back to Abingdon as next into servicing/ mod programme.
I assume this was too early for the T1A conversion so presumably was just the 'wobbly compass' update (AHRS) + roll up mods/servicing due at that time,I think they were usually dropping the wings off to carry out the work in 'E' Hangar.
I was actually working in 'B' Hangar on Chippies and Bulldogs at the time so was not fully conversant with all the work being carried out in 'E' Hangar - luckily I had put my name down for a 'Jet Flight' almost as soon as I arrived at abingdon and it was great to spend an hour or 2 with my old mates at Brawdy - a lovely day out .
Just as an aside - it was one of only 2 different occasions when I flew in a jet with a young pilot - so great fun - he was a nice chap 'Holding' at Abingdon and helping out the UTP with aircraft deliveries etc.

Last edited by longer ron; 15th Jan 2022 at 13:52.