PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2022, 19:37
andre127

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't warry! I will follow every step of the training with no rush at all. The goal will be those vfr trips but it's just an idea for the future. But this idea could maybe drive better the training from the start; if I will ever be convinced enough about the cabri there's no reason to train in a r22. Otherwise thinking in long terms about an r44 will make the r22 better for sure. In the end I managed to fly single pilot a light jet, aerobatics, gliders and parachutes so I know what you mean by having experience that now isn't there for sure.

What you think about this: "Lycoming, who had required the O-360 engines to be run rich (from concern about cooling the shrouded engine) have now reduced that requirement, for a saving close to 10 liters per hour of fuel burn, and of course a subsequent increase in available power."
There's no mention in the Poh about running the engine lean. Is this a normal procedure?

Of course the 44 will be more capable, but the 12 year overhaul and the operating cost seems to be much higher.