PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA hours towards UK CAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2022, 21:43
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Fayzan123
Hi,

Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong section however was just looking to see if anyone has any knowledge on my situation whilst I wait endlessly for UK CAA to respond.

I completed my flying hours in Spain at a school which operated under Malta, the exams were sat under Malta I’m unsure if the flying hours are also related to Malta. However I completed all my flying hours there (solo, cross country, long cross country etc) and left with around 47 hours, however due to a few different reasons I was unable to sit my exams there. I would like to know if I complete a UK CAA class 2 medical, redo my radio exam under UK CAA can I use those hours and sit UK CAA exams for my PPL and just complete my skills test here and be awarded a UK CAA PPL? I have asked a few schools however nothing clear and been told to email UK CAA which I have, I was hoping someone on here would have some more information if so I’d really appreciate it thanks.
If that's where I think it is, talk to their Head of Training, as the school also has UK approvals and lends its various approvals to multiple schools in the UK with various collaborative agreements, and they can probably help you with arrangements to do things here very painlessly.

G