PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Year Honours 2022 - Military Division
Old 8th Jan 2022, 23:07
Lordflasheart

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for that gem, Wrathy.

According to 'her' gov.uk DSA website today, she is still the boss, but they've still not yet acknowledged her New Year's Honour. As you correctly inform us, we now learn that she was replaced by Steve Shell on 7th Jan. His appointment to replace her as DGDSA (including the casual aside that Sue was retiring) was announced last November 21st. And Steve's replacement as Director MAA by AVM Gillespie, was announced nearly a year ago.

I note that Dame Sue took post in March 2019, a year after the XX204 crash and she is leaving before any of the (repeat - institutional) problems of that case have been resolved. Her tenure was less than three years. Not very useful, when the fallout from an individual prang currently takes anywhere between four and ten years or more to close properly.

Any road up, wiv 'is pedigree, Steve will now be able to mark 'is own 'omework on the Bayliss case.

It rather reminds me of the old 'Two CEOs and Three Envelopes' joke.

I wonder if she had any say in her horoscope ? Or is it possibly, that they didn't like what she did have to say ? She had plenty of opportunity.

Apologies for the thread drift. You'll need to follow the Bayliss Inquest thread - Inquest - Corporal Jonathan Bayliss RAF - to see how this unfolds.

LFH