PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A321 Freighter
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2021, 07:00
74world

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kaboobla
If EFA is so massively profitable then why doesn’t it buy, off its own bat, two more aircraft rather then taking mainlines ?

VA have A330s still on the Australian register. Buyers market I would have thought.

If it’s so simple to transfer aircraft as you say then why not just transfer pilots ? Yes there is a pay difference but guys and girls might look at the option of being fully stood up the whole time and being part of a successful and growing operation and decide it’s a better career deal then mainline
i don’t have all the answers, but here are some regarding your comments above:

1- old 330s that QF would have sold anyway
2- why buy cheap A330 even if it’s a buyers market ? It doesn’t make sense. It’s easier and cheaper to transfer QF’s old 330 to EFA
3- have you heard of crew cost? An EFA 330 captain will probably earn 1/2 of a mainline captain.

for info stood down Captains FOs and SOs have been (and are still) employed at EFA on a fixed term contract.
obviously they will return to the mothership once their contract is up as they were only there because they were stood down.

career wise, so far no one has resigned from mainline to stay with EFA, but few from Jetstar flying the bus have resigned to stay (EFA’s A321)

look mate I’m not here to argue with you, apparently you know more than I do 😏 👍