PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Copa Airlines
Thread: Copa Airlines
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2021, 00:33
Youssef Khribi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pedex
This is my question too. I currently live stateside but am a Panamanian Citizen. I have close to 300 hours and my CFI-A and was planning on building time to get close to 500 and my multi before applying to Copa so I can move back there. Does anyone have any insight or resources they can point me to regarding the process of converting? Its good to hear that they are hiring again and hoping that my luck of being born there and being fluent in Spanish will help me.
No idea on the conversion process. Maybe give a call to a local Panamanean flight school. You got the advantage of the nationality, maybe a local turboprop operator in Panama will hire you as they are now looking for FO's in Copa and will probably hire all the guys coming out of sponsored programs as well as local pilots... As for the Spanish language, I am as well fluent in Spanish but Canadian. I applied via a reference working with Copa Colombia (Wingo), I hope to get a response soon just to know how the process will go or if I am better getting off and come back with more hours and a Panama license...