PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld Cockpit Crew Coalition Condemns Treatment of Cathay Pacific Pilots
Old 8th Dec 2021, 20:12
Diogenes.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my bit. I left. Permanently!

Having flown the IGS, I was entitled to a crappy leaving token. No gold watch after all that BS . It took a couple of minutes to leaf through all the leaving photos to find my own. (And it wasn't a particularly good photo either; hardly worth the effort). Anyway, I reflected on the fact that all those photos in front of me, stacked in that pathetic, nondescript back office, easily represented thousands of years of experience on company aircraft! ALL DOWN THE DRAIN! Tragic!

Nobody is leaving hey?! Ha!!!

You say nobody is leaving (BS!), well come again cos scores upon scores have already left! And many, many, many more to come! News articles galore about how Cathay pilots are leaving, 'cos of Covid' 🙄, and the rest of them are on the edge of a nervous breakdown, (BBC News), and I imagine some are, though not many! You've got to be mentally tough to survive in that Witch's Cauldron. Cathay pilots can weather this storm! Anyway, not a single mention in any of those articles of the fact that if you failed to 'sign or be fired' within the first week then Hong Kong was to become uncomfortable, (debatably unlivable), after the next 12 months? Where's Lois Lane? Are there no good journalists out there with a nose for a good scoop? Nobody that can see the angles? Come on?!

Can't help feeling Cathay Management are going to be desperate to hear that Omicrom's great granddaughter 'Megatron' will still be wreaking havoc next winter so they can blame the MASS EXEDOS on Covid and hope the end of the housing allowance, (huge oak beam that utterly crushed the camel's back), can be ignored as the main driver of the huge number of resignations of the most experienced! Anyway at least they got away with it this winter. GIVE THEM A BIGGGGG BONU$$$$$$$!!!

In October 2020, Cathay Pilots where handed an ultimatum, 'sign or you're fired'....

Option One. You're Fired. (Result: Large number of resignations plus handful of firings.)
Option Two. Sign within the second week and Hong Kong becomes uncomfortable/unlivable in January 2022. (Result: Large number of resignation at the end of 2021)
Option Three. Sign within the first week and Hong Kong becomes uncomfortable/unlivable in January 2023. (Result: You ain't seen nothing yet. )

I am still incredulous that any of that was legal. Especially in Hong Kong!!! I guess 'a deal is no longer a deal' there, and that's a 'big deal' for a place like Hong Kong. Might as well be doing business in Shanghai.

Anyway. 'Step aside. You're blocking my light!' (Ancient history)

Last edited by Diogenes.; 8th Dec 2021 at 22:34.