PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal opinion on the job market
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2021, 12:23
Hogos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal opinion on the job market

Dear Folks

It's quite promising and I'm happy to see on the market that the aviation is gradually picking up, with loads of new jobs.
For people like me, it's still difficult due to the lack of hours and necessary experience, but it's nice to see this opportunities coming on.
I was just wondering, are you experienced pilots applying to, and getting those jobs, or, in other words, are these job openings able to absorb the amount of pilot still on the ground (even partially) ?

The reason I'm asking this is because it's pretty sad for me, and for other pilots in my situation not to have the right experience to apply, even though I would love and I'm open to fly almost anywhere.
Maybe pilots with their families already settled in a country are not willing to move somewhere else, with a probably worse salary, or in a country very far away. I can understand perfecly.
For instance, I understand a 50 years old pilot, with kids, living in Spain, not willing to go to Vietnam, when he worked in his country for 20 years with a better salary.
But on the other hand, it's a shame for youngsters, without kids, willing to move anywhere for a job, not to have the possibility even to be even considered.

When a I recently went for an interview, in a company with "low hours" requirements, there was so much competition. Pilots with thousands and thousands of hours.
They could have covered so many position, which me, and many people can't reach, and they are "fighting" (ironically) with us for the little amount of jobs we can afford.

I would go to those places where many pilots wouldn't, but unfortunately I don't have the experience for that !
It's so bloody hard to get the hours, unless going through a P2F scheme.

I appreciate your point of view.