PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network F100 busting minima, Paraburdoo
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2021, 01:58
43Inches

Received 401 Likes on 221 Posts
Newman an Alternate ? Really ? No Tower. No Met. Observer. No better Approach options. You are proving my point.
I think the only point you are proving is that you have no idea what you are talking about. Having a tower is not an alternate requirement. Newman has a 2000m runway for an F100 easily to land, it has ATS to ground level, it has several approach options from VOR to RNAV/GNSS, it has fuel for a top up and then another go at the destination. I'm not sure what you would regard as a suitable alternate other than return to Perth? Not sure where you get it has no met, it has a cat B TAF service with METAR.

We are also talking about a situation where an emergency was possible due to low fuel state so PPR and all that is out the window, not a standard planned diversion due to weather where you have to book a slot.

The only thing we have no idea about, unless there was what was the relative weather at each point, which was a simple radio communication away. Newman being fairly busy would be easy to get an actual to verify weather from the TAF and so on. I live and breath this stuff daily at work it's not hard to plan and divert if things go south, you just have to keep that path open and not get cornered.

Last edited by 43Inches; 29th Nov 2021 at 02:09.