PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in the Lake District , Cumbria
Old 21st Nov 2021, 18:18
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope that PPL schools encourage their customers/students to read the AAIB report and discuss it with others. Essential bedtime reading for pilots.

When I was learning to fly at Carlisle many moons ago, a student of my instructor disobeyed his solo brief, and ‘did his own thing’ returning safely.
A ‘mature student’ self employed gentleman.

The CFI was less than amused and suspended him for 2 months from all training. Lesson learnt & the jungle telegraph to all other students was ‘effective’ as well.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and even if the deceased had been terminated as a student by his school, then another school was more than likely to train him.
They are after all a business and unlikely to ask for psychometric testing before commencing training…

The Inquest, probably early 2022, will rely heavily on the AAIB report & evidence of their lead Inspector. It would come as no surprise if those mentioned in the AAIB report are also called as witnesses.

Last edited by parkfell; 22nd Nov 2021 at 10:29. Reason: added final paragraph