PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is aviation headed??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2003, 08:15
getmeoutovga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It such a pity that aviation comprises of so many sad sad sad losers who are 'grateful' for the opportunity to be working for a pittance.

I left this industry about 6 months ago because I was sick of, bewildered and constantly astounded at the majority of pilots who share the opinion that their skills are so worthless that a 'check out chick' deserves to be paid more. Don't dare suggest that a pilot should be paid more- you will be shot down, accused that 'your heart isn't in it', that 'you are ungrateful', can't 'see the big picture'.

In the mean time relationships, families and friendships are being destroyed all for the 'privilege' of working in this god-forsaken industry. I'm glad I got out of this so-called profession (even if it is so far from being conducted professionally that its a joke-shonky owners, shonky pilots, shonky wages, backstabbing, lies, deceit and 30 year old aircraft).

I occasionally browse these forums to see what’s the latest, wether anything has changed, but to my disappointment I consistently find nothing has. There are still a few professionals who think they deserve a reasonable pay, and then there are they majority of try hard wana be pilots who work for free, would sell their grandmother for the privilege and unfortunately will never actually see the 'big picture'

Professional conduct ha ha ha this industry wouldn't even know what that means. I feel sorry for allot of you who have good hearts and good intentions, I feel even more sorry for you who start out like this and are changed by a need to survive in this industry.

People ask me what I used to do, I'm to embarrassed to tell the truth, so I just say I wasted 8 years of my life in a experiment akin to the T.V show 'Survivor'.

Good luck all and Merry Christmas, hopefully one-day things will change, hopefully.