PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2021, 21:29
Jamie2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones that has a contract to start with the new business and is still owed cash from the old company which I'll never see - I'm fortuntley owed far less than others.
I will not apologise for supporting, championing or cheerleading anyone who is prepared to start a new business that will see the former Flybe crews find themselves back in the clouds, engineering or HQ roles after being made redundant through no fault of their own. It was awful watching the death of old Flybe on twitter that fateful night with seizure notices being attached to aircraft and awaiting the dreaded "you're redundant" email - worrying how to support our families. I recall that night and I tell you what whoever the crew were who took off from EDI or GLA (I can't recall) to LHR last thing nightstopping and knowing it was over should be the first to get their jobs back - they and others had to rely on the charity of hotels and airlines to get back home. The Clayton Hotel at MAN gave my mate his cancelled room for free that night as he was operating away from base and stuck.

Flybe's woes were terrible business decisions that were compounded on and couldn't be easilly shaken off, definitely not the fault of the majority of front line employees or the management at the end (in my view). If Covid hadn't of happened old Flybe would probably still be going but the owners would have needed to pump in far more cash than they envisioned and with mass redundancies.

The market will find its equilibrium. Business is very very cruel but its show business not show friends and some very well run airlines may need to reassess.
Immoral and outrageous some scream... Are BA apologising for taking the covid opportunity to shaft its CC on legacy contracts? Are the airlines who were outraged at the the mere suggestion of Flybe receiving a bailout in 2020 and then taking loans / furlough themselves sorry? What about Loganair trying to stick their ore in at the CAAs meeting regarding old Flybe's OL and RLs? Do you seriously thing Easy will continue domestic flying, supporting the UKs regional connectivity, when they can make more cash from more profitable routes - should we not be outraged that they took advantage of the situation rather than established regional carriers stepping in? What about Eastern basically making their crews fly for next to nothing to keep their business going and keep their jobs? Can’t really feel sorry for the heavily subsidised Channel Islands outfits either.

Theres been loads of negative nonsense spouted on this board from slot grabs, its all a deceitful con which no lease companies will touch from "well placed" unknown sources which have proved to be wrong again and again....It's happening, accept it. This repeating merry-go-round of moral outrage is not going to alter anything - the real question is how airlines deal with the new Flybe.

I can assure you that those joining the new business are not on the contracts they had at the old company - they (we) are also subject to the market adjustment.

This thread should be renamed FBE realisations (old Flybe) and a new one started as the past is done - its the future regional landscape that should be the subject of our discussions.

Last edited by Jamie2009; 14th Nov 2021 at 00:19.