PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Qantas A380 returns Tuesday November 9
Old 13th Nov 2021, 11:48
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by physicus
Speaking as pax, QF's only first class is in the A380. If they want to retain PO's and other VVIP flyers they'll need to offer first on the Europe/US routes, so the 380 is going to stick around until at least the 350-1000 with F are operational. QF 787 is a god awful experience in J, never would I ever spend more than 4h in that knee cap busting sardine arrangement. Next SYD-LAX is going to be on AA J for that reason.
I have to admit, I don’t know what a PO is.

I don’t even know what a VVIP is.

I probably don’t care to.

I’m going to assume that both acronyms relate to folk who can afford to purchase P class tickets.

Based on your post, I have to assume that you are either a PO or a VVIP, or perhaps both, and that you are dissatisfied with the premium service offered by QF.

Perhaps you are actually a member of a small category of passengers well-known in the industry who are internally and discretely referred to as SICCAGs

I’m not sure, but I think the translation is “Self Important Character* - Can’t Afford Gulfstream”.

They are commonly identified in P class as the ones who complain that the Beluga Caviar served “was a bit off - I can’t believe you served this knee-cap busting crap - Osetra Caviar is always better this time of year. I think I’ll fly Emirates next time”.

Genuinely wealthy folk, who choose to leave the Gulfstream in the hangar and fly commercially, rarely complain, are generally politely humble, and are a delight to serve.

They also tend to recognise, when stuck in knee-cap busting J-class, that they are one of the few privileged who can afford P-class, and that there just aren’t enough of them to justify Qantas providing a customised seat, just for them, on the few days per year that they choose to travel. After all, they have a G5 in the hangar if they really want to relax enroute.

* can’t recall exact wording