PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2021, 22:02
ELMS77W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BPF
Please do report on how your first flight in a real airplane goes.
Will do it.

FIC101
Thanks for your advice, thanks for answering my questions and enjoy your time on the forum!

Midlifecraises
Apply that same energy to studying the PPL syllabus and absorbing what your instructor tells you and you'll do well.
Passion is the thing that will keep energising me.

In the sim you can practice the following:
- Inflight memory procedures and checks (FREDA, HASELL, pre landing, EFATO, PFL)
- Getting the correct sight picture at various points in the circuit
- Visual navigation and DR. Fly all your routes in the sim first, note what you should be seeing when you do them for real. Practice applying mid track correction and unplanned diversions with real-world wind.
- Operating the radios and nav aids using real-world VOR/DME/NDB frequencies. VOR tracking
- Communicating with ATC via VATSIM. Speaking to a real person, requesting and obtaining services and clearances and making position reports. The syntax and terminology used is generally accurate and you will build confidence on the radio.
- The small "Instrument Appreciation" component of a typical PPL syllabus
Taking notes.

Heston
Alright so basically I will need to harass them if I want to get something form them.

Less Hair
This might even vary between instructors. Be ready to just follow.
This is what frustrates me the most. My instructor might tell me something that another one finds completely stupid but I still need to agree with mine just because it's mine and the other one is not.

Last edited by Pilot DAR; 7th Nov 2021 at 22:18. Reason: Made quotes legible