PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2021, 15:30
Big Pistons Forever

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by ELMS77W
NaFenn
Completely agree with you. Sims can help you to remember flows and understand airplane systems only if the airplane is correctly replicated which is not always the case. Sim also made me familiar with things like TAF, METAR, NOTAMs and phraseology. That's what I believe the sim is there for as much as you use it correctly. I mean these more theoretical aspects. Sims won't tell you how to actually fly the airplane. It's quite easy to fly an airplane in heavy turbulence in the sim but how is it in real life when your head and your arms that are holding the control column and the throttle are shacking all over the place and you can't see anything? I don't know. How to recover from stall? I don't know. How to land? Many pilots can give you a throughout explanation and you can always try to practise it in the sim but will I be able to do it in real life? I don't know.
How will I be able to do it? By listening to my instructor.

Big Pistons Forever
I wonder how it's gonna be for me
Please do report on how your first flight in a real airplane goes. Despite the (deserved) negativity of the posts on this thread I do honestly believe that the posters want you to succeed

BPF.