PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2021, 11:22
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
I think ELMS makes a valid point in that it’s dangerous to assume everybody around the world (or even Europe) has a flight deck access policy that is a clone of that enacted by the UK or the USA...
Kind words, still, spade if by any other name... Having jump seated on some of the mentioned for various reasons and positions of authority, i.a.w. the applicable rules, I'd bet half bitcoin there are no provisions for general pax without at least prior security vetting and registration. As well, the UK rules apply to anyone entering the UK airspace AFAIK. Sure, some of the Mediterranean rim companies have a reasonable arrangement for active crew or airline employees, but even that is not without restrictions.

Yet there is a nice point in this. A safety card provided to supernumerary flight deck occupants is a neat way of complying with the requirement for the safety briefing before flight. It's existence alone does not yet imply bringin general public visitors for a ride is de rigueur. No egos hurt by the OP wrongly assuming the opposite, but it is the exact problem flight simming will bring - putting cart before the ox and being perfectly clueless about it.

Hopefully by the time he touches a real airplane, the flight simming hobby will slide backwards due to the sheer excitement and learning opportunities the physical experience brings.

As was the case for many.

Feeling old, yet?