PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2021, 12:26
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
then proposed me to do the comms.
Actually over the air? That does require a radio operator's license.....

let professional pilots correct me if I am wrong
I do not intend to prioritise my flight sim habits over advice from experts if it turns out that the way I am flying airplanes isn't correct.
Based upon the replies you have received, I think the "if you're wrong" element has been established - You're wrong about this.

What I thought before opening this thread was that my flight sim experience could help me during my training and my career as an airline pilot.
Fair enough. But, the information offered to you has shone a different light on the topic. The very most important personal quality a student pilot has, and an airline pilot has, is the willingness to take direction as it is offered, and not challenge authority. Tens of thousands of hours of piloting experience has collectively provided very authoritative advice for you here, simply out of a desire to encourage (in the right direction) an aspiring pilot - that's what we do here, we support and promote piloting. No one here will be your instructor nor second crew member (the odds are just too great of that!), so no one is personally affected by the decisions you make, nor your conduct as a student, nor a pilot. What you do in your life, is what you do, no one here knows anything other than what you say. You don't have to impress anyone here with your willingness to follow authority - 'doesn't matter.... But, experienced pilots here are telling you that the learning path choices you're making for yourself are not in your best interests - for free!

People make it through in life, even when stepping on their own shoelaces, it just takes them longer, costs them more, and the trip sometimes, hey, life is life, not everyone does it the same way... But... Chief pilots, when considering which candidate to hire, really do look to avoid hiring the type of pilot who bucks authority, and steps on their own shoelaces - so that will be where your career advancement will stop. Why work double hard toward a stop, instead of working wisely toward a path forward?