PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worlds largest handling agent created
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2001, 02:28
im

Wink

Ok…hit a nerve?!

Lets begin.

The point im making is this, it’s so easy to sit back and blame the handling agent, especially one so big, I expect your one of those they types that hate Microsoft but are using windows etc etc.
What you fail to grasp is the behind the scenes work that has to be performed just to turn a buck, the handling agents handle more than one airline at a time, they are not just wholly dedicated to yours. Your delayed inbound was probably caused by an earlier handling agent trying to work around another airlines poor planning, and low quality aircraft being in the hangar.
They cannot lay on enough staff to cover all eventualities the industry throws at them. The best they can do is plan in some slippage, known from past experience and man up accordingly.
The equation is not as simple as yours.
1 aircraft = 1 crew
for handling agents it is something like this
1 aircraft = 1 inbound/outbound team 1 pushback team 1 load controller 1 cleaning team and so it goes on.
All of who have many aircraft in one day to handle, not just one.
These people you hold in such contempt keep you safe in the skies, it’s them that spot damage, leaks, and other aircraft problems you would never know about unless it was too late, they load your aircraft to the highest standards, if you only knew what went on behind the coffee jug in the cabin you might understand a little better just why you are delayed. Do you really believe they are doing it on purpose, do you really believe that if they could get better quality staff they wouldn’t. In some areas of low unemployment (LGW) it is almost impossible to find them.
The Ogden’s buy out, let me explain.
They are a very large company as you know, they came to LGW in the hope to conquer the world, well let me tell you they were a shambles, they didn’t pay their staff they couldn’t even afford to uniform them in the end, this was all instigated by you airlines and your great business sense, for cheaper handling, however it back fired. It was cheaper but, ‘buy cheap buy twice’, that’s right, you were stung by bad QUALITY. In order to stop the rot the only alternative to carry on at LGW was to buy the cancer then kill it with all it’s bad ways.
But you don’t learn do you…..now we have British Midland, Jesus!! when will you understand, oh and guess what, that’s right, the other handling agent at LGW has ……..bought them out. (AVIANCE)

Stanstead ….mmmmm I agree.
The overbooking is now well understood, thanks, however when it comes time to offload the passengers bags. Guess what. That’s right it causes a delay, no doubt the handling agents fault.

Ok im getting bored hearing my own keys.

cheerio