PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2021, 17:34
LTCTerry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ELMS77W - the FAA defines five hazardous attitudes and provides tips on how to overcome them.

I can paraphrase one of them as "I know more than you do, so you can't tell me what to do." Here are my thoughts before you go take a look in the mirror:

A 777 pilot would think you are a gamer.

You have no clue about real flying, but you do have demonstrated repeated defensive responses to the advice being presented.

Your attitude will alienate instructors, club members, and fellow student pilots.

You are unwilling to listen to experienced people who truly know what they are doing trying to help you; after all, you can fly a 777 on a computer. Most of the people here don't have a wide-body jet type rating. Oh, wait. Neither do you. Oh, you've sim'd a Piper too. So, that makes it all good. (That's sarcasm.)

You are likely to end up paying much, much more to get to solo and to becoming a private pilot because of bad habits to overcome and an unwillingness to listen to the experts because you, after all are the chief pilot of Walter Mitty Air.

Here's my suggestion - stop with the sim. Go fly a glider. A lot. Get a glider license. Learn aerobatics. At this point you've trained yourself to look almost exclusively outside. Now go learn to fly an airplane.

If you can't break the negative superior attitude I'd have to agree with the comment that one day you'll be here complaining about too many instructors and no progress, blah, blah, blah.

Good luck!