PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2021, 21:06
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ELMS77W
Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

I'll take your advice into account and not mix jets with lights but I don't think I could stop flying the 777 entirely though. I believe it's possible to do both at the same time
I think you've just proved Pilot DAR's point perfectly. If you were one of mine, you'd be annoying me already. For the avoidance of doubt, flying instructors don't instruct on the basis that you'll try to take their advice into account - and you then totally ignore what they say. That is exactly the sort of breath-taking arrogance and 'I know better then you' attitude that will cost you time and money.

I've seen them all, like the student who knew I was wrong and he was correct that when flying from A to B with a cross wind the plane need a bit of rudder to keep it straight, because when he sails his boat across a tidal river he always needs a bit of rudder to keep it straight etc, etc. I think there's every chance you'll be just like him. He knew everything. Absolutely everything.. But he couldn't learn anything. Because he would never listen. And by the way, he never went solo.

From what you've said already, I have a hunch you're likely to be coming back here 20 hours into your training to moan "I've had 4 instructors so far... and none of them were any good... none of them seem to be able to teach me how to land properly... none of them listened to me when I said they were wrong on this, that or the other technicality... do you think I should be looking to go to another school with better instructors?"