PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simming before PPL
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2021, 15:07
ELMS77W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simming before PPL

Hey pilots,

I am 19 and I am about to start my PPL training really soon, just waiting for the answer from my aeroclub...

I have been flying the 777 for 6 years (virtually ) using the PMDG on P3D on VATSIM (Virtual Air Traffic Simulation) following real-world procedures (or trying to) after reading the FCTM entirely, watching and rewatching again all the CBTs available on youtube, partially going through the FCOMs and QRH and casually practising emergency procedures and reviewing my memory items whenever I can. I have definitely the knowledge of a real 777 pilot (no I don't believe it myself but that's what I am trying to achieve). I know that my first type rating won't be in a 777 but that's my favorite aircraft

Now we're entering again in the winter and winter is always associated with cold-weather operations. I know that when you deice your aircraft the fluid will protect you from ice during a small period of time (remembering that its primary purpose is deicing and not anti-icing). The holdover time tables will give you precise information about how much time the deicing fluid will protect you depending on which type of fluid you're using and the concentration of it. The problem is that when you take the HOT table on the internet, there are so much different possibilities besides the 4 common fluid types that I know, I believe depending on which surface you're deicing. Here's what I could find for 2021-2022: URL (couldn't put it because I don't have 10 posts yet). For example, you have TYPE II HOLDOVER TIMES FOR NEWAVE AEROCHEMICAL FCY-2 then later you have TYPE II HOLDOVER TIMES FOR CLARIANT SAFEWING MP II FLIGHT... What is the difference between the 2??

So my questions :
1. Is there an EASA similar document?
2. Why so many different tables for the same fluid type?
3. How do you know which type of fluid is being applied to your aircraft? (or which type of surface the fluid is being applied on)

Hope I was clear despite my poor English