PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATPL to EASA - moving on
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2021, 10:12
Sirboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, thanks rudestuff.

So, Is anyone aware of any state/country within EASA accepting a current IR that could be transferred onto the EASA licence in order to try and retain the licence, similar to the new UK/CAA licence.

I do understand if someone has never held an EASA licence, (nor completed any examinations) that this would not/should not be possible. However, I do hold an EASA licence (which incidentally-indicates a lifetime validity) and I have been current since the day I walked out of flying college. The last IR which I took in the UK was in 2011, therefore IR expired on this licence in 2018 (7 years later). However, I have continued to operate under my GCAA licence continuing with a valid IR consecutively.

I find it hard to believe that EASA, or a state within, would not accept a transfer of rating taking into consideration that I have remained current and have previously held the EASA licence.

I was not made aware of any changes to my EASA licence. Being based overseas does not help, along with Brexit and Covid. Nothing was ever sent to my UK address, email or any other form of contact and I would wonder the legalities associated with this by not being adequately informed….brexit or not. One does not attend Oxford Aviation Training on a full time course at a cost close to £100,000 in order to jump through all the loop holes and embark on all the examinations, to then be told that it’s no longer valid- despite operating in the capacity as Captain flying a wide body jet around the globe. It’s ludicrous and a scam if there is nothing in place to recognise a pilots experience, the airline, the country and the previous/current licences held by an active pilot.

The UK issued EASA licence had a ‘derogation’ in that you could always transfer the IR in order to retain the licence without the requirement of any examination retakes. Is there a state within EU that would also recognise this derogation and therefore allow me to transfer my UK/EASA to their state (even though the so called deadline has past) recognising my current IR issued by an ICAO third country organisation.

There must be many in my position who want to retain their licence privileges.

Does anyone know who we can contact or direct our complaint to at EASA?

I’m new on here, but appreciate all advice. Thanks