PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2021, 07:42
samrajab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Astana interview sep,2021

Hello everyone,
I just completed the assessment for AirAstana in Istanbul ( 28, and 29,Sep,2021 ), I thought to share my experience....
4 candidates (including me), 2 captain and 2 fo on my day.
Travel arrangements are by the candidate
Hotel is covered by AirAstana.
Very welcoming and warm people, details and information on the airports would be sent few days before the set date.
day 1:
Small briefing ( two captains and HR lady ), aprox 45 min, the main purpose of the Brf is to make you comfortable and to share what is expected from you in the sim.
followed a 10 minute short technical questions (individually).
first set of 2 in the sim (2 hours):
Raw data flying (No autopilot, No auto thrust), Bank angle @25, and V/S @ 1000 FPM
Climb, turn, adjust speed, once achieved the next instruction is issued. for aprox 15 minutes. once your maneuvers are finished, the other pilot does the same.
part 2 of the sim session is simple loft with simple failure, basically to see your work flow, communication and decision making.
I had dispatched with 1 AP inop and 2nd failed in flight.
My partner had Gen 1 Fail.
Once the first Duo is done from the sim they send them to hotel and they do the Compass test on the same day.
we went second in the sim, so we did our compass on day 2.

Day 2:
Startes at 9am with Compass test (aprox 2h), please use LPJ Compass test prep (includes Air Astana modules in it).
Panel interview 45 minutes, simple question about your careers and your experience, and about the sim session on the previous day.

results are sent via email in 2 or 3 weeks, I didn't make it, not much feed back on why, over all experience was very positive, I like the organization, they are very friendly and they make sure your comfortable before you move on to the next step.

Good luck to all.