Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Air Astana

Old 24th Sep 2019, 13:59
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 0
Air Astana

Hello,

looking for some feedback regarding Air Astana assessment done at EPST at Utrecht please.

Any info about Air Astana as well is highly appreciated.

Thank you
IFLYyouBREATH is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2019, 05:40
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: CPH
Posts: 4
Could I kindly ask for the more inforation regarding Air Astana as well? Thinking assessment will be in Amsterdam, but that shouldn't make a difference, I guess.
Flyingviking2018 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2019, 18:15
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Flyingviking2018 View Post
Could I kindly ask for the more inforation regarding Air Astana as well? Thinking assessment will be in Amsterdam, but that shouldn't make a difference, I guess.
It takes place in Utrecht
IFLYyouBREATH is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2019, 16:46
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Hi guys, the assessment takes place in Amsterdam. There are assessment days in November. Could anyone share some info on the two day assessment? Thanks
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2019, 19:23
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: kaunas- lithuania
Posts: 17
Hi,
iīm attending the assessment in Nov 4/5th to be confirmed this week !! any tips guys ?

thanks

Telo
manolotelo is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2019, 21:10
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 154
Im going as well on 7th 8th any idea what we can expect?
spaflyer is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2019, 14:06
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: glasgow
Age: 36
Posts: 27
How did you guys apply for this?
I applied and they said as an expat Pilot I have to go through agencies?
vatir is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2019, 14:25
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: APU
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by vatir View Post
How did you guys apply for this?
I applied and they said as an expat Pilot I have to go through agencies?

There is sigma aviation services and direct personnel.

Can anyone advise how does it work in terms of your license, do you keep your EASA or change to Kazakh?
DISPLAY_COOL is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 17:58
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Hi

Could anyone kindly explain why we need to be based in Kazakhstan? Can I live in England? Or Netherlands?

Thanks

Also sim assessment is in 787>
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 10th Nov 2019, 01:02
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: London
Posts: 1
Youíll have to be based there cause itís their national flag career theyíre not gonna base you outside the country
Jamesflyer1 is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 07:36
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Age: 35
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by DISPLAY_COOL View Post
Can anyone advise how does it work in terms of your license, do you keep your EASA or change to Kazakh?
You keep your license and medical and airline will make a local validation for you.

zloi is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 14:53
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
If I have to move out to Asia, i expect they accommodate my needs. I need to live at home To serve at my local community. Commuting contract of 3 on 3 off would be splendid

best luck to all of you
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 15:31
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Age: 35
Posts: 15
They have roster 6/2 (weeks) for expats
zloi is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 17:13
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by Nineshsimbers View Post
If I have to move out to Asia, i expect they accommodate my needs. I need to live at home To serve at my local community. Commuting contract of 3 on 3 off would be splendid

best luck to all of you
Good luck with that cocky attitude applying for expat pilot positions
Hawker400 is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 23:16
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Hawker400 View Post
Good luck with that cocky attitude applying for expat pilot positions
Look mate I don’t know what your problem is. I think you’re the fella that has been causing a lot of trouble on these forums. 6 on 2 off contract is fine by me too, cant get everything your way!

Assessment next week. Anyone feel free to Get in touch with me if you are the same.
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 23:26
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: London
Posts: 1
You donít expect an airline to meet up your requirements when you are the one moving in the country

Hey guys are there any of you who applied with less than 300 hours TT on the website ?

Thanks
Jamesflyer1 is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 23:32
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Jamesflyer1 View Post
You donít expect an airline to meet up your requirements when you are the one moving in the country

Hey guys are there any of you who applied with less than 300 hours TT on the website ?

Thanks
I know its a big ask, but many airlines in Asia are being flexible and offering good commuting optional/packages...

And you need to apply via an agency such as Sigma, CAE etc.
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 04:16
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Age: 35
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Nineshsimbers View Post
I know its a big ask, but many airlines in Asia are being flexible and offering good commuting optional/packages...

And you need to apply via an agency such as Sigma, CAE etc.
Kazakhstan is not Asia like China and so on. It's former USSR, so it is like Russia with its own national things. The life quality and conditions are different compared to the Europe, especially to the western part. I worked there for 1 year for another airline, but I'm from Russia and it was hard even for me in some things.
zloi is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 01:07
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by zloi View Post
Kazakhstan is not Asia like China and so on. It's former USSR, so it is like Russia with its own national things. The life quality and conditions are different compared to the Europe, especially to the western part. I worked there for 1 year for another airline, but I'm from Russia and it was hard even for me in some things.
fam, itíll be fine. Live like an expatriate and you are sorted my man.
Nineshsimbers is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 01:08
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dakar, Bangladesh
Posts: 23
Can anyone please explain how we don’t have to convert our licenses? Just a ‘local validation’. Sounds dodgy as hell.
Nineshsimbers is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.