PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-LAWX S92 Incident AAIB
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2021, 10:05
OvertHawk

Received 120 Likes on 55 Posts
Crab

As someone who knows the gentleman concerned, professionally, (and no i don't work for him and never have) and who has attended several of the training courses he has run at Cranfield, i can say with absolute certainty that he was well aware of "the harsh realities of being a pilot" and was more than prepared to be "open and honest about human frailties" long before the incident occurred. One of the most recurring comments arising from his presentations was regarding how open and honest he was in using case studies involving himself and his company.

This event proves that no matter who you are you can be wrong and you can get it wrong.

Should he have got it wrong? - No of course he should not (nor should any pilot) and he more than anyone will be aware of that. But we are all human and we are all subject to making errors.

What we should be doing now is reflecting on the lessons of this rather than taking cheap shots at people from the comfort of our anonymous armchairs.

You refer to the nights where you have scared yourself... I wonder how close any of those events were to becoming an incident such as this one? Perhaps closer than you would like to think or admit.

In the event that your actions on those nights were subject to the level of scrutiny and analysis that has been brought to bear here I wonder how you would come out of it looking?

I think that what people are taking exception to is your holier than thou attitude.