PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 6th Oct 2021, 12:31
zerograv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
Flying a plane is flying a plane, the hardest part is the getting to the runway and then to the gate, after landing. It can, for some be like leaning another language and it can take you well outside the known and your comfort zone. For some, it’s much easier than it is for others. I’ve gone through training with former military guys and whilst outstanding aviators, the ground ops at a civilian US airport like ORD, has been a bit of a headf#ck for them. They’ve risen to the challenge superbly but it just took time to feel comfortable. I’m painting with a broad brush here but I think most would agree.
O'Hare. Yup, fully agree with that !
It is crazy. It is wild. Certainly outside of the confort zone, and thought to myself, I can really do without this ...

What's the story behind this eventual new development, if it happens to become reality ? The Regionals are getting that desperate that consideration is being given to this possibility ? Not enough Aussies available ?

About the FAA ATP. There seems to be several "knowledge areas". ATP (FAR 121) (ATM), ATP (FAR 135) (ATS), ATP (FAR 135) (ARA), etc, etc. There are ATPs for specific activities ? Is not the case the ATP covers everything ?