PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 5th Oct 2021, 14:45
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Whether you’ll be able to bypass the “joy” of a regional gig, will simply be down to the state of the hiring environment and to a certain degree, luck. Having previous experience of the 121 world and US ops is always going to tick an extra box. For an Airline in the US, it’s one less area you’ll need training on and these days, time is money and no airline wants to spend more than they have to.

Flying a plane is flying a plane, the hardest part is the getting to the runway and then to the gate, after landing. It can, for some be like leaning another language and it can take you well outside the known and your comfort zone. For some, it’s much easier than it is for others. I’ve gone through training with former military guys and whilst outstanding aviators, the ground ops at a civilian US airport like ORD, has been a bit of a headf#ck for them. They’ve risen to the challenge superbly but it just took time to feel comfortable. I’m painting with a broad brush here but I think most would agree.

if you’re lucky enough to be granted the right to live and work here, simply apply to everyone and see what happens.