PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 4th Oct 2021, 18:33
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyTCI
I am sure American pilots who have fought very hard for the last several years (couple of decades really) to get their compensation back to appropriate levels will be thrilled by “invading” European pilots willing to work for peanuts and subpar conditions diluting the US pilot workforce. One can blame the European airlines (or even the EU) for the steady race to the bottom, but in the end it is the pilots themselves who allowed it to happen.

I say this as a European with a Green Card since more than a decade back and who has refused to participate in the lousy European aviation market (Green Card or not I have never actually worked in Europe) due to the above. Too many pilots in euroland willing to sell their mother to stay flying all while just thinking about “me, me, me now” instead of “us and long term” which is the main difference in the mentality between (the majority of) European and US pilots. Any European pilot making the move across the pond better be ready to ditch that attitude real fast or you won’t make any friends in the US pilot group.

Ducking for cover…
Dont duck, you’re right.