PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUKUS
Thread: AUKUS
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2021, 22:25
rattman

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by recceguy

That's not my perception. Get informed, read something else than Aussie newpsapers
Your perception is not fact. I have found only one press release from them issued on the 17th

Naval Group takes note of the decision of the Australian authorities to acquire a fleet of nuclear submarines in collaboration with the United States and the United Kingdom following their comprehensive capability review.

The Commonwealth decided not to proceed with the next phase of the program. This is a major disappointment for Naval Group, which was offering Australia a regionally superior conventional submarine with exceptional performances. Naval Group was also offering Australia a sovereign submarine capability making unrivalled commitments in terms of technology transfer, jobs and local content.

For five years, Naval Group teams, both in France and in Australia, as well as our partners, have given their best and Naval Group has delivered on all its commitments.

The analysis of the consequences of this sovereign Australian decision will be conducted with the Commonwealth of Australia in the coming days.
Is there another press release issue by them or a board member I have missed ?