PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737-8FE vh-yie
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 04:31
BuzzBox

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by galdian
As now pretty much retired don't have the NNC in front of me, last I knew in the intro - and only in the intro - it discussed CB's.
Generally one reset of a tripped CB was permitted.
No reset of a fuel CB was permitted.
Cannot remember if fuel CB was part specific (eg FUEL PUMPS) or the fuel system in general.
Apologies if procedural changes in the last couple of years.
Cheers.

And be reasonable - BuzzBox was talking SOP about non-737 aircraft, maybe interesting but not relevant.
And "reset table"? Never heard of such a thing on 737. Comment was in reference to 737 SOP (maybe company SOP) I assume?

The standard Boeing spiel says:
In flight, flight crew reset of a tripped circuit breaker is not recommended. However, a tripped circuit breaker may be reset once, after a short cooling period (approximately 2 minutes), if in the judgment of the Commander, the situation resulting from the circuit breaker trip has a significant adverse effect on safety.
However, our Ops Manual specifically prohibited the resetting of a tripped CB in-flight.

Airbus aircraft have a reset panel on the overhead panel with 'buttons' that can be used to reset various systems after consulting the QRH. Hence the 'reset table'.