PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to log time - yet another PICUS question
Old 19th Dec 2003, 16:35
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to log time - yet another PICUS question

Imagine the following hypothetical situation. During a visit to America, you decide to get yourself some FAA rating - let's say an IR, or a Seaplane rating, it doesn't really matter. How do you log the successful flight test?

My gut feeling was PIC U/S - that's what you log for a successful flight test, right?

Er - no. I was just answering a question on this subject on a different forum, and decided to look up the relevant bits of LASORS (Section A, Appendix B) so I could quote from it. And what do I find?

Case J: "Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a JAA or CAA Authorised Examiner" may log PIC U/S for a successful test.

Since I figure that the FAA examiner is unlikely to be a JAA or CAA Authorised Examiner, that would rule this out. Thoughts, please???

(My own thoughts, completely unsubstantiated: there is no other case listed in LASORS which even comes close to this scenario other than Case J, so PIC U/S is the most correct answer. And in any case, it's only going to be a couple of hours at the most, and not even the CAA are going to quibble over a couple of hours, are they?)

FFF
-----------------