PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2003, 12:40
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty,

I didn't see your post this morning so apologise for just reponding to snarek. It does deserve a considered reply however I am having to do things aviation (and Crissy things) until early next week and will respond then.

I will make the point between now and then that at no stage have I suggested I thought you evil( or any lesser adjective for that matter.) It's not the issue. As I keep saying the perception is as important as the reality sometimes. The issue also hasn't been the conflict or apparent conflict, it's been how the Pagani issue has been handled, the statements, the withdawal and correction of statements etc.

I actually rejoined AOPA after watching your considered posts, the principles your faction put forward and hoped that the mire that AOPA has got itself into since the Patroni days may be over. What do we get but more of the same.

The shame here is that now AOPA though it's own internal goings on have lost the effort of two capable, good people and damaged it's reputation in the process.

You being one of the two and Pagani being the other, however if I read anything into Snareks post you may be up for a comeback. Not knowing Pagani, I can only assume she won't so that is a loss to Aopa and an aviation industry in decline.