PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow drop off charges
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2021, 19:27
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
You may well be right DRUK. My view is based on deep cynicism, after living all my adult life in the UK. As a child my British father held the view that 'The Americans were only out to make a fast buck'. Whether that was true in his day, I cannot know - but in the last 40 years I have seen a very considerable range of British companies and people who are only out to make a fast buck! As I have said, everyone is trying to claw back the loss of Covid, £1 at a time. One of the side effects of this is inflation (amongst other causes for the inflation wave heading towards us).

ps Another example of UK pricing strategy following that of a well known LCC (that does not operate from LHR!) Booking cinema tickets online and they are going to charge 0.95p per ticket for online booking. Once the system is up, maintenance is seriously less than having humans answering phones etc. But I have no choice. If I drove to the cinema of an evening, I could advance book - would the cost of the petrol and parking be more than 0.95p per ticket? So they will get £4.75 on top of the seat price. The LCC method of pricing rules and getting extra for dropping the pax off is all part of the same story. [end of grumpy moment]

Last edited by PAXboy; 13th Sep 2021 at 22:44. Reason: Italics para.