PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2003, 03:18
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snarek,

If Gaunt is elected again next year, I'd say good on him, AOPA would have a good person and I would hope that he doesn't get involved in an apparent conflict of interest again. If he does he needs to choose and do the right thing.

I would hope that the board in general would be able to handle it a lot better and in particular not perpetuate the issue by not exactly telling the truth.

I've made my point, I don't think anyone has come up with a defensible position for what went on, I just say it should have been handled better after the event.

AOPA is not the first board to get caught up in these sorts of things and won't be the last, but there is plenty of evidence on how to handle these sorts of things.

I would also hope that processes be put in place to make sure that there is ownership through consensous on the board and that doesn't mean everyone's agreement. What is the use of having a president or chairman(person) if you don't keep them informed and people act unilaterily.

I read the directors reports in AOPA lat night adnd I see Bertram explanation and then I see another drectors reply to Murphy?. That other reply was the first time someone said it was wrong and came up with constructive ways to go forward. There might be hope for you yet.

And as for sniping!. Except for Dwarf I don't think i have taken a personal swipe at anyone.