PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo cadet pilot scheme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2021, 13:23
j8naid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
I might be helpful to aspirants in need of questions regarding the program,

Just went over about the Indigo Cadet Program with a podcast I did, the selection process, eligibility & requirements, cost associated and whether the type rating is included in the program. Most importantly, Will it be worth it, considering the huge amount of cost associated?

The selection process consisted of 3 phases according to the Cadet, ADAPT test, GD(group discussion) and the Personal Interview round. The selection processes although are intensive, but easy to clear, if you have the right aptitude and knowledge. Tip: would be amazing to contact the Cadets, who would certainly guide you. (I have provided the link in my description)

The eligibility and requirements, since even students out of the High school can opt for the program, they require you to have at least 55% in Maths & physics, although many of the Cadets have had a different careers or even a bachelors degree of some sort, its always preferable to have one starting out in this industry (IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT).

The cost structure are well mentioned in their website comes close to 1.0crore, and the type rating would be done in the 4h phase of the program.
Is it worth the amount?

There is always a risk, aviation industry as a whole is very cyclical and which is something you have to consider before choosing this path, however they do provide an opportunity to get inducted into the airline, giving you a head-start in your pilot career.

The below mentioned is the link to the interview, I hope this helps!