PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 3rd Sep 2021, 09:53
Lurcheroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, sorry, I wasn't super clear and that's on me. The paid flying work is stated to be on the R44 but they offer a 206 type rating also (I'm not sure if they offer work on this or not for new CPL pilots). However finding someone who has done this is still a good shout and I will find and speak to a few to see how it worked for them. and i'll also ask the school about the minimum experience for the insurance policy on the 206 as it would be handy to know.

What are your thoughts on getting an IR rating on a ME heli. Like I Said i really (in the long term is ok) fancy flying HEMS or SAR or even police, and I know they ask for a ME IR , I just dont want to spend the large sum of money to do nothing with it for so many years it becomes wasted. Do you think it is sensible to do a SE IR and convert to an ME later ? or even hold out and apply for jobs and be willing to pay for the MEIR if somewhere is willing to offer me a job that requires one ?
I appreciate there is no perfect solution but your opinion would be welcomed