PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The U.S.A has your back'...what does that mean?
Old 26th Aug 2021, 15:22
highflyer40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T28B
JB already has a thread.
At the moment, I'll leave this one open even though I share your frustration with some of the politically based posts.
The last two decades in Afghanistan certainly illustrate how the use of the military tool by political decision makers can play out.
Most of the contributors to this forum have had the chance to work with allies thanks to how military aviation works in this day and age.
A lot of serving air crew, and ground crew, from various NATO nations have contributed to air support and air operations in Afghanistan - be it under ISAF or another political framework.
On top of that, allies like the Kiwis and Aussies had people in Afghanistan but are not in NATO.

I will ask posters to focus more on the Military and Aviation aspects of the topic, please.
That most military professionals probably feel sick as they see what is going on seems a fair assumption.
I would suggest changing the thread title then. As the title has nothing to do with the military, and is pure politics, and foreign policy.