PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 14:07
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Poison Drawf,

If you knew who I was you certianly wouldn't have written what you did. Wrong again!

However, note that you have just registered and all you have done is spew vitriol on all and sundry in this topic and others on the same subject without any constructive debate or logical defense of AOPA's position. So what is your other nick? I doubt that a new forum member would act the way you have.

The reality is that I suspected Gaunt had done what it turn's out he did and alluded to it in my first postings on this topic. I however without proof didn't expouse it.

I don't even suggest that the conflict was thought of, or that the intention was to favour himself with the selectors for the esteemed position for which he applied as I don't know. It really doesn't matter, you not only have to do the right thing, you have to be seen to do the right thing. (However I do admit that CASA have chosen the right person though!). It also doesn't matter whether the conflict was intentional or a mistake, the same outcome results and let's hope that this isn't a big error for the industry as a whole. The decision to withdraw with working with the democrates is tainted either way and in question.

The current board only diminish themselves by not being able to acknowledge that this was all wrong, that a board member acted while having a conflict. Instead of facing the issue they instead go on the attack with the one person who acknowledged the issue and felt strongly enough to put herself on the line in an effort to defend the correct position. Some lied and now have had to confirm the truth which has further cast their individual integrity into doubt and this is a shame where Bertram is concerned because I personally felt that he was a quite a capable advocate (and to some extent still do).

The issue here is not if the legislation is correct, it's whether the AOPA board goings on are appropriate.

The result of all this is that AOPA is now gridlocked in it's own politics, it's representation is in question by those organisations with which it is supposedly negotiating as GA's self appointed representative, and also with those people it supposedly represents. "I" feel AOPA is badly wounded as a representative organisation. In fact I think it's irrelevant now. It has given power to AUSAC in a way that money couldn't buy. Time will tell.

If this is about going forward, looking to the future etc as so many say, then surely AOPA needs to acknowledge the mistake of the past so the industry can be sure they are not likley to make it again. But they don't, they just lie, defend the indefensible and insult members or people with a differing opinion. Very representative!!!

Anyway, enough of this, the truth is out and it's up to AOPA to go forward, Fix the problems which they won't do by denial, however as can be seen, they are their own worst enemy so let's not hold our breath.

Last edited by d_concord; 18th Dec 2003 at 14:31.