PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Mona
Thread: RAF Mona
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2021, 19:24
Easy Street

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts
The full judgement is online here. A good read. Well done to the various named Valley aircrew who gave evidence and were considered credible and professional witnesses by the judge.

There's no mention of Mr Jones's previous conviction in the judgement, but then nor would that be expected (or permitted, probably). I don't think it matters, given that the judge makes several comments like this:

I note that during his cross-examination, Mr Jones persisted in his assertion that the numbers had increased even when he knew that the RAF’s official figures demonstrated that this was not so. The fact that Mr Jones persisted in an allegation which was plainly incorrect gave me cause to doubt whether I could rely upon Mr Jones’s evidence generally.
In the measured language of judges, that's a slap in the face: one imagines that costs will have been awarded in favour of MOD as a result (I can't find any report though). A very, very expensive day in court would be a deserved addition to Mr Jones's jail time.