PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada CPL/IR expedited training - recommendations please
Old 13th Aug 2021, 12:44
stormme66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya Selfin!
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't believe I am limited to an institution that has a COVID ready plan, as I will effectively be coming into Canada as a visitor, and will be in and out long before the 6 months that would then require a student visa.
Agreed on the PPL requirement, and I am trying to work out whether to simply go the FLVC or write the PPAER and do a flight test for a standalone Canadian PPL. I not sure of the benefit of doing this if I intend to go straight onto CPL? Am I right in thinking for an FLVC, it is simply license docs/medical and then write the PSTAR and a license is issued on the same day. Apart from needing to keep my EASA PPL current, are there any downsides to an FLVC over a standalone Canadian PPL?

Thanks so much for the info on the ROC-A - this wasn't on my radar at all! Is your advice to do that ASAP simply for the benefit of solo flying, or is it because it takes a while for the certificate or something?

Yep, I meet the criteria for 421.30(4)(a)(ii)(B).

Following another recommendation on PPrune (what an awesome resource this is!), I've come across Cornwall Aviation, who seem to indicate that a 2 week IFR is possible. Even if I doubled that, it would still be waaaaaaay under what other flight schools have indicated. I'd just need to find somewhere else to do the CPL, as it doesn't look like they offer it.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing sound advice!