PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2021, 19:54
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
There have been some proper crazy rumours around this one. There was one guy who was convinced the he had to leave before 1 Apr 22. I couldn’t for the life of me work out why he thought that. He seemed to think that if he didn’t take his AFPS75, then he would be forced to move to AFPS15, and lose rights to AFPS75. That is, of course, total garbage. The individual has 2 options and doesn’t have to leave at all - they can have AFPS75/15 either way, with either more AFPS75 or more AFPS15 - but he was convinced he couldn’t and would need to leave before April next year. Bonkers!

I think the real problem is that the original decision created so much distrust that some are unable to believe that McCloud is actually a good deal. In fact AFPS15 was a pretty reasonable settlement back in 2015, but the whole way it was rolled out and presented was pretty poor in my opinion. I also heard a rumour that enhancements were being considered prior to the McCloud judgement, but then the cost of remedy shelved those. This has led to rumours of an AFPS22, which of course is also bunkum, as it would need to be staffed and with us by now. I reckon AFPS15 will be with us for a while now whilst they see how the McCloud remedy works out. Depending on how that goes will dictate how long AFPS15 remains as it is. But that is all just opinion before anyone makes it fact and decides they need to leave over it!