PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2021, 11:23
Jamie2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The oversize bag saga was a nightmare and inconsistency between airports, flights from the same airport or even passengers in the same aircraft was shocking. At that time Flybe was loosing lots of cash and needed to make cash anyway it could to avoid bankruptcy and hold for the Connect deal - not it’s finest moment but it’s history. The connect lot were turning things around but it cost a fortune. I think when it became connects baby COW and team had spent 80 mil of the connect cash just staying afloat…. and then COVID struck.

COW - she inherited a pile of poo and can’t be blamed for its demise in my view - they were desperate times. There was a long history of bad management decisions and at the end of the day she brokered the deal with connect which kept it flying and staff employed. It’s too simplistic to just say she’s crap.

As for its reputation I didn’t think most people will care, right price and right time and most people will book. I think there’ll be some good deals coming up - well good for the customer. It’s going to be interesting………