PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas outsources ground handling, slams TWU proposal
Old 4th Aug 2021, 21:47
blubak

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by CamelSquadron
Big headache for individuals. Not sure they fully understand the mess they are getting themselves into.

If the ruling is confirmed, then it is no longer a bona fide redundancy and the ATO will be chasing the individuals with a very significant tax bill. That will be a personal exposure of every individual who has accepted a redundancy payment. Its just the tax rules.

If I was a TWU member who was retired or had happily moved on to another job then I would not be very happy about having to pay the ATO.
It is not the individuals who havent complied with the law here,the court have found the company contravened the fair work act so if there is action to be taken im sure the way forward will be clearly laid down by the court.
The company did & got what it wanted,the employees were terminated & they had no choice.
As far as the company is concerned,it is their mess & up to them to sort it out,i would be guessing they wont forget this 1 very quickly if the appeal is not successful.