PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAPL H
Thread: LAPL H
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2021, 19:22
malcfcook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up date to LAPL H and Turbine.

I was told by CAA earlier this year that LAPL licence and Medical were not OK for Jet Ranger. I did not accept the logic of this and challenged the decision..

A very good CAA licensing inspector took up the case and proved clearly that it was allowable. Those at the CAA who said it wasn't, later said they had assumed I was on a self declared medical. However I had clearly asked the question Is it my LAPL licence or medical certificate that is the issue in an email to the CAA when they first refused to allow Tiger to train me (actually on the morning I attend Tiger Helicopters to start my conversion).

The specific question about LAPL licence or medical certificate was never answered by those who refused to allow Tiger to train me and of course no apology for wasting my time either. I have now done the accelerated 2 hour conversion course (have loads of turbine mil hours) and passed the skills test.

So as many have subsequently said, if the turbine all up mass and passenger numbers carried are within the LAPL privileges then turbine no problem. I have however yet to get my licence back so still time for them to find a clause or a loophole to deny me the rating.

PPL H and LAPL H with self declared medical is, I believe, not allowed for turbine aircraft. Not sure what the powerplant has to do with the medical as long as the other licence privileges or restrictions are applied?
We live and learn, many thanks to those who responded to my original post.

Fly safe