PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 17th Dec 2003, 15:55
hairyclameater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zlin Re: "I manage to go to 20+ displays in a season, and manage to catch all the things I need to see, even if it means driving around all weekend"

Well lucky you!!

Aah those care free days of 10/15 days ago when I could attend 20+ airshows a year - no kids, nice easy 5 day 9 to 5, young free, single and some decent venues to visit and aeryplanes to see!!

I'd also contest the phrase "countless other shows"!?- maybe a few years ago but certainly not these days!

Like I said, Sundays are the only days I can easily escape and when I can get to Old Warden (260 mile round trip plus I drive a lot during the week - which aint nice any more) I want to see a full flying show - not a couple of hours in fading light!

I dont know what you should do Airbedane re the dates.It just appears to me that there are so many weekends with nothing happening (and its usually sunny!!) and then certain weekends with 4 or more shows.Not to mention the foreign ones which are always worth a visit!