PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair or easyjet - difficult choice ???
Old 17th Dec 2003, 09:01
Mactom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been at Easy over two years now and would recommend it to anyone but that's not to say I am 100% happy with everything that's gone on during my time here. Most people I speak to are here for a quick command, 1000 hours in the LHS and then off to that dream job (where is that anyway?!).

Reason they generally give is that they don't think they can fly at this pace for more than 3-5 years without it (a) affecting their health or (b) affecting their marriage/relationship. However the company realise they need to keep crews happy to allow the expansion to continue and they are improving things in the rostering area. The constant starting on earlys and finishing on lates in the summer is very tiring - I hope it changes next year.

What's the money like? All depends on your cost of living doesn't it? I live a nice life (when I am not at work!!) but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say easy get their money's worth out of you - there a few rostering/lifestyle issues which need sorting out particularly working in to your day off twice a month etc.

People? Generally great.

Will I stay? Yes - don't want to go longhaul or change company and I'm quite happy here for the time being getting what I came here for - I know quite a few colleagues who are about to resign though, all for the same reason - lifestyle.