PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 23:30
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121
Why can't the people who want to avoid Covid at all costs stay locked down if that's what they're so keen for, and the rest of us get on with it?

At what point does it become a personal choice that if you are unrealistically risk averse, then YOU can make allowances to cater for that. Stay at home, get groceries delivered etc. It's totally possible. I know it is because it's how I spend most of my life at the moment, but not by choice.

Keep all the reasonable restrictions in place but no more of this lockdown bs. It's the same group of us in society getting f**ked every time.
Yup, maybe in 6 months when everyone has had the OPPORTUNITY to get vaccinated, with a vaccine that is recommended for them by ATAGI.

But, what's your plan until then? Hospitals that can't cope? 50 odd thousand deaths? Adjusted for population that's roughly what we'd be looking at, plus the effects of long-COVID. Of the 1360 COVID cases around the country, 128 are hospitalised, or roughly 10%. It should be only too apparent how this would go if governments allow people to continue on as normal at present. No-one likes it, everyone's had enough, I've had a gutful and I'm guessing I'll be stood down again in a few weeks without pay but seriously, what's the alternative for now?

I'm sure those who want to "get on with it" would be amongst the masses clamouring for a hospital bed if they get seriously ill from COVID.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 20th Jul 2021 at 23:44.